Oh darling, lets be adventurers.



Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Mountain Biking class



 

The other day my friend Emily and I went Mt Biking up on Traverse Mountain to satisfy my homework and rode some pretty cool trails. She took me on these particular trails because she knew I would appreciate how smooth they were. The view was stunning and the trails were great, but when I say I have horrible balance, I really mean it.

The picture on the top is my thigh, and the bottom is my knee. I seriously wish the pictures did them justice, but alas, they do not. There are several more small bruises all over my legs but none seemed photo worthy.
How did I do that? 
While we were on our 2 mile climb my front tire was much too close to the cliff on the left, so instead of maintaining my composure and correcting it, I put on my breaks and immediately rolled right off that cliff. I was only on my second backwards summersault when luckily a tree stopped me and my bike from continuing down that hill. I pulled my bike off me and used other trees to climb back up the hill with my bike, and once I was finally at the top of our trail I examined the damage. Instant bruises. I am actually very lucky as it could have been much worse. I hope I do not add to these anymore as I now am headed to my Mt Biking Class!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It is now after my mountain biking class and yes...I fell again....down the side of the mountain. 
It sure is a good thing that right after I fell someone told me to fall uphill instead of downhill. Now I certainly know how to fall (I hope you are sensing my seriously sarcastic tone)!
Practice. Practice. Practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment