Oh darling, lets be adventurers.



Monday, January 9, 2012

Bring it on

For years my mother has managed to spoil any and every Christmas surprise coming my way (don't worry Mom, it's pretty comical). From unwrapped Christmas presents, receipts, a blurt of the mouth, to really anything, she has somehow managed to expose the meant-to-be unexposed gift, and i swear i don't bring this upon myself! I am giving her props this year for allowing me to actually be surprised on that special morning, HOWEVER, it was a very close call. Good thing i couldn't quite understand her on the phone giving her more time to think of a lie. Although, this is completely beside the point. My point is...I got a Camelbak for Christmas! Do you understand what this means!? There is nothing holding me back now from climbing those mountains!! Bring on the adventure! 
I must say i have definitely broken in my new Camelback already. The day after Christmas my bestie and I drove right up the hill to a hidden gem: Victor Falls. I wish so very badly to share with you the most hilarious experience that 2011 brought me, but for the sake of my dear friend I am afraid i have to decline. What's this? Do i have pictures of my new treasure? You betcha!
Danielle may or may not have caught me napping in her bed with it on...
Notice the thin rope necessary to climb up and down
 bottom of Victor Falls                  I took this picture unbeknownst to Stephanie, but she is actually in here :)

When i was home i was finally able to finish my Mom's Christmas present, which was pictures of us Hanni girls when we were little, and put them on wooden blocks (they have open backs for hanging purposes). I was actually going to remake these exact pictures but with us all grown up and modgepodge them as well. The younger one and I did a great job reenacting our pictures, but with the lack of help from the very cooperative older one i wasn't able to do so. But they really turned out great and Mother Dear loves them.

 Lets get a closeup of that cute blonde one:
 (unanimous awwwww) this is the original version, my friend brightened
them up in Photoshop for me to use on Mom's present.

After the dreaded hugs goodbye, i came home to Provo to an empty apartment. Erin had moved out and Danielle was still in Virginia for another week and a half! Not the best time for me to be alone, but i cleaned the CRAP out of our apartment. I was so impressed that i ate my dinner off of the kitchen floor. Yep, even licked it clean.
I also decided to do a couple projects in my room of materials i mostly already had:
 sewed me some sequin throw pillow covers
 the wall on the side of my bed.
yes i need to fill them with pictures and straighten them back out.
I happen to really like this wall :)

Oh my goodness this is such a long post, i truly got carried away! Well, Danielle has finally returned to her rightful  home so i have been gratefully occupied with her company. I'm sure there will soon be more adventures to come from us gals. Until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment