Oh darling, lets be adventurers.



Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hold on tight!

I cannot even begin to describe how much fun last weekend was. I will share the series of events, but more importantly this weekend played a huge part in me becoming grounded and becoming happy Shelby again.
Friday Night-
After work I called my longtime friend Michelle up and we started the night of with a scenic bike ride in the lovely Hampton's of Provo. We rode for over an hour and I finally found a house that I once saw and have been searching for for over three years now. It was beautifully and disgustingly huge.
Immediately after, we were in between driving from her apartment to mine when four very friendly boys flagged us down in our car. At the next stop light three of them proceeded to get into the backseat of Michelle's car. For a VERY long story short, these four boys were the most energetic and obnoxious people I have seen out here for quite some time now. Most would say after 5 minutes with this group they were too much to handle, but I found them surprisingly refreshing! I think it was just nice to not be the one who was doing the entertaining, and to be laughing hysterically. To end their excitement, though, the car owner's car was towed (curse you U.P!) and I felt absolutely awful about it too. I took them to University Parking and paid for the tow- anyone else would have done the same thing if you'd of seen this poor boys face. I told him to take me out for pizza for compensation, and while I was eating his friends snuck $200 in my purse. I didn't see it until I was home, very sweet boys. To continue the madness Michelle, Danielle and I met back up and had quite fun with our next adventure. Unfortunately I cannot and will not disclose any of that information publicly- girls' gotta have her secrets ;). At this point it was midnight when Michelle and I decided to join some of her fellow tenants and set up my tent in their "Tent City". What an occasion!
Saturday-
After my full 3 hours of sleep I had to leave tent city to make an appointment and run some errands. When I finally returned home after 1pm, my short nap turned into a 5 hour nap.Oops! The three of us girls got ready and went out to eat, then to Yogurt Land. From there we went to the Velore to watch a few local bands perform. While we were there Danielle had the GENIUS idea of going to The Westerner right after. To preface why I think this idea is so genius, Danielle is from the south, and every time an old movie comes on and shows a scene from one of those old bars where the people are flat-footing and dancing around to a bluegrass band, I unceasingly proclaim that I have always wanted to go to one. While I was home two weekends ago Danielle discovered such a place, this such place is called The Westerner. So, after Velore I came home, put on my cowboy boots and off we went! As soon as I walked in I knew I was supposed to be at that exact place at that exact moment. 

DJ and I gettin' our step on

WARNING!!
I must advise you before watching this next video...
I have a medical condition where the response of my sympathetic nervous system sometimes causes Coprolalia. I sincerely apologize if this causes any grief...

I swear that bull was going so much faster than the video portrays. In fact, I'm pretty sure this was shot in slow motion..Yep. That's what it is.

Sunday was a wonderful day of relaxation. Church was so good and that's when I started feeling more grounded, like I was coming back. These last few days have been great and after giving a good friend advice, I realized that the always happy Shelby was starting to make her way back. I am going to continue focusing on what I need to be doing and serving others so that I will be lead to the place I want to be. I still starve for more friendships and those people close to me that really make every minute of my life pleasant, but as I work on myself in the meantime those things will eventually come to be.
:)


1 comment:

  1. You never told me about those boys....I want to hear more!
    And since I don't know what your medical condition is, I was fully expecting to hear you screaming a few naughty words (glad I was wrong). :)
    You've always been sweet and very generous to others (sniff sniff).
    I love you tons!
    mommy

    ReplyDelete