Oh darling, lets be adventurers.



Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Itching Has Become a Rash

It's really not as gruesome as it sounds. 
My best friend and I are taking a weekend trip to Moab in April, and the anticipation has become painful. She is flying in from my precious town of Puyallup, and then we will head to Arches National Park the very  next day. Needles to say I AM ECSTATIC!  I have been to Moab three times now, but this trip could be the best of all. Why? Because I will be experiencing it with my bestie! She is the only one I know that shares my serious love for hiking, camping, and exploring. Stephanie has never been before, so I am very eager to see her reaction to such a beautiful place, especially because where we come from is pure lush greenness, trees, and the magnificent backyard of Mt. Rainier. Arches may only be a few states away, but the climate change truly is dramatic. I am itching to get there!
I am rather bummed however with the grave news I received on Sunday-the word on the street is the bolts from the top of Corona Arch have been removed. I have been dying to do this rope swing ever since I caught wind of the video, and when I found out my brother-in-law's brother and cousin (who are in the video) are part of the group of people that set this up, I thought I was a shoe in! I had personal connections to this adventurous scheme and was going to take full advantage of it. If you know anything about my history, though, it is probably for the best that I may not be partaking of such succulent excitement. I'm sure my parents wont miss the call from the Emergency Room. 


Maybe one day.... ... ... ...

In the meantime I will be preoccupied with another dentist trip next weekend, work, and the new program TRAILS that I am volunteering with at the U of U. I am having my first orientation this Thursday- FINALLY. After applications, a back round check, 15 TESTS, and a packet of paperwork, I now get to proceed with my orientation and then a medical exam. I am hoping that the Volunteer Application Process is much less strenuous than the actual volunteering itself. We shall see! :) 

In better news, I am almost finished reupholstering my chair! I have the atrocious process of putting on the back, and then finishing the cushion. The only thing that is more time consuming then planned is the cushion because I ran out of bloody fabric! I ordered 5 yards, 2 more yards than I anticipated on using, yet I still run out of fabric. Brilliant.

Now if you will excuse me I need to figure out how to put up temporary blocks on Danielle's computer. This way she can cut her homework time in half! Who would of thought that surfing the internet every five seconds was a form of procrastination!?

2 comments:

  1. In my defense...you just forced me to read this blog. What was that about procrastinating? I believe you are an evil temptress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHELBY MARIE HANNI!!! You know I like a good adventure, but I don't want to hear about you doing THIS one! It won't be the ER who will be calling us, it will be the morgue. DON'T DO IT!
    Love,
    mommy

    ReplyDelete