Oh darling, lets be adventurers.



Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I can do that!

 Danielle, feeling spontaneous, recently splurged on a beautifully constructed longboard (with such pretty turquoise wheels). Allowing me to ride it in the parking lot led me to a false sense of confidence. 
I can do this!
I invited my neighbor to ride down the canyon with me since she was well versed in the matter. Olivia didn't realize that I didn't know how to stop, and unfortunately I wasn't aware of this fact either. Not even 15 seconds into our descent was I sliding head first on that concrete trail. Thank Heavens I was wearing a helmet, but the lack of padding on the left side of my body may have done some damage. Olivia decided it would be best if we held hands from then on, and if I wouldn't have let go at the first sign of speed wobbles the rest of the ride would have been accident-free.
You ROCK Olivia!



I have firm feelings that if I am going to get hurt, I better have the battle wounds to prove it. Do you think I succeeded? I submit yes!

Maybe next time, we shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment