Oh darling, lets be adventurers.



Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Progression

The path to our destination may not always be a straight one. We go down the wrong road, we get lost, we turn back. Maybe it doesn't matter which road we embark on. Maybe what matters is that we embark. I need to stop being afraid. Take bigger chances. Regardless of the outcome, I will be progressing. It has been said that a testimony is like a large rock on a hill; if it is not moving forward it is moving backward. I believe progression is of the same value. Progress is not created by contented people. It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. I can no longer idly stand by while the world around me steadily moves forward. I am not saying that I never set goals, that I don't live and learn. I have grown so much in the last five years, and although everyday I find lessons to be had, I am just so tired of my well-worm ways. 

I am reminded of a quote I stumbled upon that I really enjoy:

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another".
~Anatole France~

Here's to stepping out of my comfort zone and into the unknown.
 :)



No comments:

Post a Comment