Oh darling, lets be adventurers.



Monday, June 25, 2012

TRAILS

Last weekend I was able to volunteer at a kayak/sailing camp put on by TRAILS (Therapeutic Recreational And Independent Lifestyles) up in East Canyon. 
A little background information, I heard about TRAILS at this years X-Dance Film Festival and immediately fell in love. The program works with spinal chord and brain injury patients who want to participate in outdoor/sports activities. Whenever I get a day off I drive up to the U, where almost all of the activities take place, and help out with anything I can.


TRAILS

I headed up to the canyon on Friday morning and spent most of the day setting up tents/cots, signing people in, cooking, and preparations needed for the kayaks. Saturday I was helping out more down by the water, and was even able to convince the guy who was driving the "rescue" boat to take me tubing. This was the first time I have been on a boat in quite a while, let alone tubing. I didn't let the fact that I was in my regular clothes deter my excitement, even though I now suffer from the most outrageous tan lines you ever did see!
I wish I would have taken pictures to show how fantastic the event really was, but it is one I will never forget.
Thank you Tanja Kari for organizing and leading such a wonderful group! Here's to many more memories to come, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment